Remove MacShield Virus – MacShield Removal Guide
Many are vaguely aware of the risks of not having an anti-virus program in their Mac. They have no idea of the dangers they are getting while surfing on the Web. They innocently click and click any button without any regards for safety for their Mac. And once they accidentally click on something that actually is a virus, they panic and regret not installing an anti-virus program in the first place.
To safeguard your Mac, you really need a reliable and reputable anti-virus program. You don’t have to buy the most expensive one because there are a few, affordable ones that can perform very well like any other anti-viruses. Also, there are perks of having an anti-virus. For instance, you somehow clicked on a link that actually carries a worm or a Trojan virus; your anti-virus will instantly block it from entering to your Mac’s systems. Another benefit of having an anti-virus is that you are actually safe in navigating every website without fear of obtaining infections or bugs on the Web.
An anti-virus application inside your Mac is really helpful as it performs a system scanning every now and then. A system scan will definitely save you from all the trouble since you won’t have to worry for any viruses that are slowly destroying your Mac. A scan will allow you to widen any disk space and delete any unnecessary files, such as those associated files left behind from previous software that you deleted already.
If you are looking for a software that can perform these functions, the MacKeeper has it. This application is bundled with all-in-one package, with an anti-virus and cleaner included. One of the perks of having this application is that you don’t have to manually install its features separately, which is taking up a lot of space. Instead, MacKeeper allows you to install the application at one go.
Avoiding Fake Anti-Virus Programs
When you’re trying to find an anti-virus program, you have to make sure that it comes from a legitimate source, and not like those fake apps that came from the Web advertisements like the Mac Shield. This is a fake anti-spyware that infects your computer through hacked sites and spam that is slowly killing the search image results for search engines luke Google Images. When you click on an image from a hacked site, you will be redirected to a page that promotes a fake online scanner. It prompts you to scan you computer system. Once its scanned, it will say that your Mac is infected and you are needed to download and run the Mac Shield program.
Here’s the interesting part: if you take the bait and installed the application, it will automatically run and perform a fake scan to your computer. Once its done, it will provide you with fake findings such as your files are being infected and you need to clean them. But before you do that, you should purchase the license so that it will clean your files. The bad part is that once you do purchase it, not only you’ll be paying for the software that never works in the first place, but you are also ripped off from your credit card.
Every time you perform a system’s start on your Mac, the Mac Shield will launch because it has been added to your accounts Logins Items. If you want to get rid of the application entirely, you need to manually remove it to your computer.
- If Mac Shield is running with all other programs, do close the program before you perform the actual deletion of the application. Click the red close (X) button that you see on the top left of the Window. Its also best to close all other applications to perform the deletion very easily and quickly.
- Click on any portion of your desktop and select the Finder option. After that, click on the Go button and choose Utilities.
- Once the Utilities folder is open, look for the Activity Monitor icon and open it by double clicking.
- Now that the Activity Monitor window is displayed on the screen, you will find a list of current applications that are running on your Mac. In this window, you have the discretion to terminate a specific program. In your case, you may choose the Mac Shield, click the Quit Process button to end its process. Another pop-up comes up and click on the Force Quit button. Once it’s done, close the Activity Monitor and the Utilities window.
- Because you’re still on the Finder, click the Go button and choose the Applications menu option. After you opened the folder, scroll down and find the program named Mac Shield. Right-click the program and choose the Move to Trash option. You may also use the Finder to locate its binary and associated files to delete them.
- Go to your System Preferences option and make sure you open the Login Items folder. A screen pops up on your desktop. Do check the box for Mac Shield so that it no longer launches when you start your Mac.
- Since Mac Shield is no longer running, it’s best to find the right anti-virus software that is safe and secure.
How Do You Protect Your Mac?
It’s not easy to trust an anti-virus program when you don’t know what its usage, its performance level, and how well it can protect your Mac. With so many fake programs lurking on the Web, you really have to protect your Mac by using the MacKeeper!
A MacKeeper can do so much for a single software. It’s very appealing because it can execute several functions without having to install separate applications for each tool. These features which you can get individually but now on the MacKeeper are the anti-virus tool, the anti-theft tool, data recovery, cleaning and scanning, system registry clean up, and so much more. Once you have the MacKeeper, you’ll be amazed of the changes of your Mac. What’s even great is that it helps speed up your computer!
So don’t idle away if you want to protect your Mac from the dangers of the Web. Get an anti-virus program that works wonders – the one that will immediately shield your computer away from harm!